A new book is out and it is chock full of alleged incidents that should worry every American.
- FBI lawyer Lisa Page lied to Andrew McCabe about her relationship with agent Peter Strzok, new book Deep State: Trump, the FBI, and the Rule of Law claims
- Strzok, who worked on Robert Mueller’s probe, was caught calling Trump an ‘idiot’ and discussing an ‘insurance policy’ if Trump won the 2016 election
- Page was ‘acutely embarrassed, mortified’ that her affair was public but chose to lie rather than tell the truth, writes James B. Stewart in his new book
- Their relationship has become a lightning rod for Trump and his allies, who see it as evidence of bias in the probe into Russian interference in the election
- The book also reveals that former FBI director James Comey had deep concerns about the impartiality of former Attorney General Loretta Lynch
- Another revelation is former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had the support of two cabinet colleagues for invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office
- Stewart claims former Chief of Staff John Kelly and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions said they might back it .
The book was written by James B. Stewart and is titled Deep State: Trump, the FBI, and the Rule of Law. The book reveals that James Comey was very disturbed by the tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch. He was suspicious of Lynch and in the end, Lynch blocked the appointment of a special counsel to look into Hillary’s emails.
When it came to the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, Comey considered asking for her to appoint a Special Counsel because he was so alarmed – but she rebuffed him.
And Deep State says that the new emails that were found on the computer of Anthony Weiner, the husband of Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin, by a lowly but determined FBI case officer.
Nobody at the FBI was taking action so he went outside the chain of command to New York prosecutors, starting a chain of events that led to Comey reopening the investigation days before the 2016 election.
The revelations in ‘Deep State’ about Lynch relate to her meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac at Phoenix airport in June 2016 when their two planes happened to be there at the same time.
The timing was seized on by Republicans because it was in the middle of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails.
According to Stewart, Comey felt the same and was ‘nagged in his distrust of Lynch’s impartiality by a report, provided by a highly placed informant’.
Stewart writes that the informant told Comey of an email from Deborah Wasserman Schultz, chair of the Democratic National Committee, to Leonard Benardo, an executive with the Open Society Foundations, which was founded by George Soros.
In it, Wasserman Schultz allegedly assured Benardo that Lynch wouldn’t let the Clinton investigation get very far, suggesting that Lynch would protect Clinton.