This past Wednesday, Democrat Rep. Rashida Tlaib (MI) essentially admitted that she only wears her mask when there is a possibility that there are cameras around, which handily undercuts quite a few of the public statements she has issued concerning the importance of wearing masks at all times in public.
As reported by the Washington Free Beacon:
The “Squad” member told attendees at the event that she only wore a mask because a “Republican tracker” was filming her. After doing an event with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Marcia Fudge on Monday, Tlaib conversed with a maskless attendee who mistakenly thought the Democrat scolded him for being “the one unmasked guy” in the area. Tlaib responded by insisting she only wore a mask because a “Republican tracker” was recording the exchange.
“Oh, no, oh, not you!” stated Tlaib as she reached up to pull her mask down off her face in order to talk. “No, no, no—I’m just wearing it because I’ve got a Republican tracker here.”
Caught on Video: @RashidaTlaib Admits She Only Wears Mask for Cameras
"I'm just wearing it because I've got a Republican tracker here"
— Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) October 6, 2021
It has been documented several times, by the conservative Heritage Foundation, of Democrat politicians that they state they were violating or appearing to violate their own coronavirus mandates, restrictions, or various other policies.
Recent examples of this trend include:
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) — September 20, 2021: “Caught partying without a mask despite saying those who don’t wear masks are acting ‘cruelly’ and guilty of ‘selfish idiocy,’ pushing fines for not masking.”
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed (D) — September 15, 2021: “Parties maskless despite city ordinance requiring masks.”
- Rep. Susan Lee (D-NV) — September 11, 2021: “Attends costume party in Las Vegas without a mask the day after mask mandate went into effect.”
- Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) — September 11, 2021: ” Attends costume party in Las Vegas without a mask the day after mask mandate went into effect.”
- Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser — September 9, 2021: “Mayor Muriel Bowser meets with group indoors where no one is wearing masks despite her own mask mandate.”
- Rep. Haley Stevens (D-MI) — September 3, 2021: “Holds wedding reception without masks despite state recommendations on masks/school mask mandates.”
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) — August 28, 2021: “Caught not wearing mask in violation of New Mexico ordinance and contrary to her own tweets.”
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) — August 10, 2021: “Dances maskless at a wedding after tweeting everyone should ‘mask up,’ attacking Sen. Rand Paul for virus comments.”
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) — July 30, 2021: ” Swears in new congressman without mask after implementing new mask mandate.”
- Terry McAuliffe, Democrat gubernatorial candidate — July 29, 2021: “Seen in Amtrak station and on train without mask, in violation of Amtrak rules and his own support for mask mandates.”
- Michigan Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer — April 19, 2021: “Violates own order about social distancing and group size to go to bar with friends.”
In regards to this newest incident surround Tlaib, many critics have noted how the Democrat lawmakers have seemed to only care about the COVID-19 pandemic precaution they are pushing as long as there are cameras in the area to see it:
- Joe Gabriel Simonson, reporter: “They’re laughing because the joke’s once again on us.”
- FreedomWorks: “CONFIRMED: Masks are a political theatre acted out by leftists.”
- Karol Markowicz, columnist: “Open admission that they wear masks just for show.”
- John Daniel Davidson, editor: “So the mask is just theater, in other words.”
- Rep. Mark Green (R-TN): “Ya don’t say!”
- Alan Cole, commentator: “This is the inevitable product of the ‘shame people for not following the dumb rules’ culture we’ve invented. If we just admit that outdoor masking is dumb, this can all go away! It’s all a prison of our own making!”
- Julio N. Rausseo, commentator: “So this mean @RepRashida believes the mask are ineffective?”
- David Marcus, writer: “Huh. Guess my kid must have a Republican tracker at school, too.”