Secret Service Agent Detained In Israel And Then Sent Home Over Alleged ‘Physical Encounter’ With Woman

One Secret Service agent who was tasked with heading to Israel to secure the area ahead of Old Uncle Joe’s arrival into the country on Wednesday was detained and forcibly sent home to the U.S. in the wake of an alleged “physical encounter” with a woman.

Israeli police officials detained and questioned the agent before they let him go without applying any charges, read a release from the Secret Service. The agent in question was sent back to the U.S., and his access to information regarding the Secret Service has been suspended.

“In accordance with agency protocol, his access to Secret Service systems and facilities was suspended pending further investigation,” explained a spokesperson for the Secret Service, as reported by NBC News.

The alleged altercation took place on Monday evening when a group of Secret Service personnel was making their way back to their hotel after dinner. A woman who embroiled herself in an altercation with one of the employees claims that she was physically assaulted, according to a source known to have knowledge of the ordeal, as reported by NBC News.

Three different sources stated to CBS News that a woman from a bar in Jerusalem interacted with the Secret Service agent in question before the pair got into some sort of argument, which resulted in the agent shoving the woman. Even though the woman reportedly suffered no injuries, she phoned the Israeli police and issued a report again the Secret Service employee.

“We hold all employees to the highest professional standards and you are seeing the results of our strong culture of accountability,” explained Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the Secret Service.

Officials have not issued any more, or different, information regarding the incident other than assuring the public that there was no allegation of sexual assault whatsoever.

Back in May, a pair of Secret Service agents were forced to go home from South Korea shortly before the arrival of Biden in the wake of a booze-induced incident that dragged in the local police forces.

The employees, which had been described by ABC News as an agent of the service and an armed physical security specialist, chose to go bar-hopping after dinner and the agent wound up in an argument that turned into a fight with a taxi driver.

The agent involved in the incident with the taxi driver was slated to be taken in by local police for questioning before he was quickly sent back to the U.S.

You Might Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *