This past Thursday evening during his FIRST primetime address, President Joe Biden made quite a few false and misleading claims and failed to give credit where credit was due to the Trump administration for all the effort it put in to get the vaccines developed in historic time.
“A year ago, we were hit with a virus that was met with silence and spread unchecked,” Biden falsely claimed. It was December 31 when China reported the coronavirus to the World Health Organization (WHO), which was after people had already been getting sick from the virus for a few weeks. Immediately the Trump administration started to repeatedly reach out to contact the communist Chinese government attempting to get authorization to go in and help respond to their outbreak. China outright refused to allow U.S. and other international scientists into their country to render aid.
Other actions taken early by the Trump administration include:
- January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 1 travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.
- January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.
- January 11: The CDC updated a Level 1 travel health notice for Wuhan, China.
- January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.
- January 20: Dr. Fauci announced that the National Institutes of Health was already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.
- January 21: The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.
All of which were actions taken before China launched its own quarantine of Wuhan on January 23rd. Biden’s claim that the pandemic was met with “silence” from the Trump administration is outright false.
That’s why I’m using every power I have as President of the United States to put us on a war footing to get the job done. It sounds like hyperbole, but I mean it: a war footing. And thank God we’re making some real progress now. On my first full day in office, I outlined for you a comprehensive strategy to beat this pandemic. And we have spent every day since attempting to carry it out. Two months ago, the country — this country didn’t have nearly enough vaccine supply to vaccinate all or near all of the American public. But soon we will.
The former HHS Assistant Secretary for Health Admiral Brett Giroir, the federal official managing coronavirus testing and efforts, has repeatedly called the Biden administration out for its false claims that the Trump administration left them “starting from scratch,” with “no plan” to roll out vaccinations or secure enough supply. At this point, even left-wing sources and fact-checkers have debunked and are getting skeptical of all these false claims spouted by the Biden administration.
I am so tired of the continuing lies that @potus inherited a #COVID19Vaccine mess, when in fact 99% of current vaccine manufacturing and distribution is EXACTLY as planned and explicitly described by Trump Administration's Operation Warp Speed
— Brett Giroir (@DrGiroir) February 25, 2021
The fact that the Biden administration is resorting to misleading comments and outright lies really shows that their playbook is looking very weak. At this point, they can barely even keep their own left-wing news sources on their side.