Dispatcher For 911 In Buffalo Accused Of Disconnecting Call From Worker During Mass Shooting

One dispatcher from 911 stands accused of shouting down and then hanging up on a worker who was calling for help as they hid in the Buffalo supermarket during the racially motivated mass shooting that took place this past Saturday, and has been placed on indefinite administrative leave and possible termination, stated police officials.

The still-unidentified Erie County dispatcher yelled at the female employee while demanding to know why she was “whispering” throughout the call before disconnecting the call, stated the worker to The Buffalo News. The call was made as an 18-year-old gunman was opening fire on the Tops Friendly Market with weapons in a horrible attack that has left 10 dead and three wounded.

“She was yelling at me, saying, ‘Why are you whispering? You don’t have to whisper,'” claimed the employee who was identified as Latisha, an assistant office manager for the market, stated to the newspaper. “And I was telling her, ‘Ma’am, he’s still in the store. He’s shooting. I’m scared for my life. I don’t want him to hear me. Can you please send help?’ She got mad at me, hung up in my face.”

Latisha claimed to the paper that she was forced to call her boyfriend and have him make the call to 911 in order to report the shooting. It is still not entirely clear who hung up first.

“I felt that lady left me to die yesterday,” Latisha stated to The Buffalo News.

“Termination will be sought” at a disciplinary hearing slated to take place for May 30, stated a spokesperson for Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz, Peter Anderson, to Fox News Digital.

Local authorities have stated that the shooter showed up at the market at roughly 2:30 p.m. ET covered head to toe in tactical gear and armed with a rifle. He shot four people just outside of the store, three of which were fatal, before making his way into the store. Once they had made it inside, the suspect was stopped by a security guard and former Buffalo police officer Aaron Salter. aged 55, who was shot dead attempting to take down the suspect. The shooter proceeded to shoot eight more people in the store, six of whom died, reported authorities. Police responded and took the suspect into custody.

The suspect allegedly live-streamed the entire event via a Twitch stream after making a close to three and half hour drive from his residence in Broome County, New York, to the store as it was most frequented by African Americans.

Local authorities believe that the incident was racially motivated, mostly due to the fact that the suspect was white and 11 out 13 of his victims were black. The “n-word” was painted onto the side of the gun bore, alongside the number 14, as reported by The Buffalo News. One government official stated to the outlet that the number 14 referred to a 14-word statement that is popular among white supremacists.

“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white people,” is said alleged statement, and is attributed to have been stated by David Lane, the onetime leader of a terror group known as The Order.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *