Old Uncle Joe has received an odd mix of sympathy and mockery across social media platforms in the wake of a Saturday afternoon video clips highlighting him tumbling off of a bicycle while standing completely still going viral.
Biden was taking a bike ride in the area near his home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware when he managed to topple over. After he managed to right himself and get the bike back on its wheels, he claimed that he was “good.”
Biden fell off his bike while stationary this morning pic.twitter.com/ZNh1wHlGI6
— Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) June 18, 2022
Donald Trump Jr. also fired out a response of his own on Twitter, “I’m not sure there’s ever been a more perfect metaphor for the current state of our country than Biden falling off his bike while standing still for literally no reason.”
I’m not sure there’s ever been a more perfect metaphor for the current state of our country than Biden falling off his bike while standing still for literally no reason. pic.twitter.com/4ByBOHJdEa
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 18, 2022
Many other notable responses to the video going viral this weekend included:
- T.J. Moe, The Blaze: “The most symbolic bicycle crash in history. Stopped, no immediate danger, no threat to avoid… just a self inflicted crash.”
- Matt Schlapp, CPAC: “My presidency has fallen and it can’t get up.”
- Avi Yemini, political commentator: “Whoever let Biden out on a bicycle instead of a wheelchair should be charged. We’ve learnt nothing from World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.”
- Allie Beth Stuckey, podcast host: “The most troubling part of the Biden falling off the bike video is that he wasn’t even riding when he fell. He was standing still then fell over.”
- Annika H Rothstein, political commentator: “Why the hell would his advisors allow him to be on a bike, given how he tends to fall over while WALKING on FLAT SURFACES!?”
- Caleb Hull, digital strategist: “I can’t believe Putin did this.”
- Steve Deace, BlazeTV: “Okay, that is really bad.”
- Harmeet K. Dhillon, attorney: “All politics aside: would you let your elderly relative who can barely walk and has perceptibly impaired mental capacity, gallivant around on a bike, potentially falling and breaking a hip? I wouldn’t.”
- David Reaboi, political commentator: “How do they put him on a bike when he barely knows where he is?”
- Dan Katz, Barstool Sports: “I think I’ve watched this 100 times and it gets funnier every time. You can’t fall off your bike as the President, you just can’t.”
- Elijah Schaffer, The Blaze: “It’s really sad. The whole thing. I’m not even going to laugh. Mock him. Or anything. The guy is close to death. He can’t even balance on a bicycle. He needs rest. Meanwhile, he’s being used as a puppet to dismantle our fossil fuel industry and collapse the economy.”
This is just the most recent incident we have seen of the president managing to fall. Just last month, Biden almost fell while trying to talk up the stairs onto Air Force One.
The oldest person to ever hold the office in U.S. History, Biden started his presidency by managing to trip on the stairs of Air Force One as well.