Chicago, a beacon of the Liberal movement, is a major “gun free zone” well, really, just gun free zone if you’re a law abiding citizen. Already this 4th of July weekend 18 people have been shot which includes two deaths. The victims include a 13-year-old boy.
Two fatally shots occurred on men ages 30 and 50 who were simply sitting on a porch in South Wells when two gunmen walked up and opened fire.
This is tragic so I mean this more snarky than it may seem… how’s that “gun free” sh*t working out for you?!
As written for The Daily Caller by Mary Lou Lang:
Other victims included a 23-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man who were shot at a West Side party about 5 a.m. on Saturday. They are reportedly in good condition.
Thirteen additional people were wounded in separate shootings between 4:15 p.m. Friday and 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
The victims shot were in different locations throughout the city, as reported by the Chicago Sun Times.
On Friday Sessions issued a statement on the violence in Chicago and announced steps the U.S. Department of Justice is taking to increase public safety.
“No child in America should have to walk the streets of their neighborhood in fear of violent criminals, and yet in Chicago, thousands of children do every day. Last year, more than 4,300 Chicagoans were shot, and more than 700 were killed—the deadliest year in two decades,” said Sessions.
“The Trump Administration will not let the bloodshed go on; we cannot accept these levels of violence,” Sessions said. “That’s why, under President Trump’s strong leadership, we have created the Chicago Gun Strike Force and are sending 20 more permanent ATF agents to Chicago, reallocating federal prosecutors and prioritizing prosecutions to reduce gun violence, and working with our law enforcement partners to stop the lawlessness.”