Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has run in a vast amount of responses since Sunday in the wake of distressing news that her husband had been arrested for allegedly operating a vehicle under the influence out in California.
Aged 82, Paul Pelosi was taken into custody in Napa County and slammed with a few misdemeanor charges with a set bail of $5,000.
Nancy and Paul Pelosi own a piece of property located in Napa Valley out on Zinfandel Lane, which was recently valued at just over $5,000,000, and sports a vineyard that pulls in for the couple between $5,000 to $15,000 in grape sales annually.
“The House Speaker’s spouse was arrested just before midnight Saturday night in Napa County, and then booked hours later into jail on two counts — driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol content level of 0.08 or higher … both misdemeanors,” read a report coming from TMZ. “The arrest info here lines up with what we know about Paul publicly, especially his birthday — listed as April 15, 1940. Indeed, the guy’s 82 years old.”
A large variety of statements and remarks cropped up in response to the breaking news which ranged from outright mockery to the attempted downplaying of the seriousness of the event.
Some of the most notable responses were:
- Charles Brady, an editor: “Perhaps after the selloff in technology shares legendary stock picker Paul Pelosi couldn’t afford an Uber…”
- Mark Levin, a radio host: “Can’t really blame him.”
- Jason Rantz, a radio host: “As long as there’s no special treatment, not sure it’s news that the husband of Nancy Pelosi got a DUI.”
- Chad Prather, with The Blaze: “Nancy Pelosi’s husband arrested for DUI. If she was your wife, you’d be drinking and trying to get away too.”
- John Cardillo, a political commentator: “Pelosi’s designated driver husband was more drunk than she was.”
- Harmeet K. Dhillon, an attorney: “Thank God no one was hurt. Hope he gets some help for this problem.”
- Jesse Kelly, a radio host: “Always blows me away when this happens to rich people. Dude is worth over $100 million. Bro, hire a driver. My word.”
- Monica Crowley, a former Trump official: “It’s like Bill Clinton with the side pieces. Who can blame them, really?”
- Mike Cernovich, a political commentator: “The body metabolizes alcohol as you get older. I know a guy who got a DUI in his 70’s. He had only had two glasses of wine at dinner, but those machines say what they say. Keep this in mind as we all get older. One glass even might trigger those machines.”
- Charles Gasparino, a journalist: “With all the money these people make trading stocks you would think they can afford an Uber.”