A bulk of the following questions also seem to have to do with the firing of disgraced James Comey. ‘Regarding the decision to fire Comey: When was it made? Why? Who played a role?’ one question reads.
Many of these questions seem to be based on anonymously sourced reports from places like the New York Times and the Washington Post, though Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow, has declined to comment on the list. The President’s close advisors have warned him to NOT give an interview. They fear Mueller is setting a trap for perjury.
1. When did you become aware of the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Don Trump Jr and a Russian lawyer offering dirt on Hillary Clinton?
2. What involvement did you have in the communication strategy, including the release of Donald Trump Jr’s emails about the meeting?
3. During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs, who set up the Trump Tower meeting, and with Russian government officials?
4. What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater, and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign? (Refers to a failed effort to build a Trump Tower in Moscow)
5. What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Putin? Did you discuss it with others?
6. What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions?
7. What involvement did you have concerning Republican party platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?
8. During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign?
9. What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?
10. What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?
11. What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner’s efforts?
12. What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to Putin?
13. What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Cohen in 2017?
14. What did you know about phone calls that Mike Flynn made with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, in late December 2016?
15. What was your reaction to news reports on January 12, 2017, and February 8-9, 2017, revealing Flynn had urged Russia not to overreact to Obama sanctions in the calls?
16. What did you know about Sally Yates’s meetings with White House staff to warn that Flynn lied about the content of the calls?
17. How was the decision made to fire Flynn on February 13, 2017?
18. What efforts were made to reach out to Flynn about seeking immunity or possible pardon?
19. What did you think and do regarding the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions from the investigation into Russian election interference?
20. What efforts did you make to try to get him to change his mind?
21. Did you discuss whether Sessions would protect you, and reference past attorneys general who had protected presidents?
22. What did you think and what did you do in reaction to the news of the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller?
23. Why did you hold Sessions’ resignation until May 31, 2017, before rejecting it, and with whom did you discuss it?
24. What discussions did you have with Reince Priebus in July 2017 about obtaining the Sessions resignation? With whom did you discuss it?
25. What discussions did you have regarding firing Robert Mueller, and what did you do when that consideration was reported in January 2018?
26. What was the purpose of your July 2017 criticism of Sessions, including that he had ‘taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes’?
27. What was your opinion of FBI Director James Comey during the transition?
28. What did you think about Comey’s intelligence briefing on January 6, 2017, about Russian election interference?
29. What was your reaction to Comey’s briefing that day about other intelligence matters, including the allegations in the Steele dossier?
30. What was the purpose of your January 27, 2017, dinner with Comey, and what was said?
31. What was the purpose of your February 14, 2017, meeting with Comey, and what was said?
32. What did you know about the FBI’s investigation into Flynn and Russia in the days leading up to Comey’s testimony on March 20, 2017?
33. What did you do in reaction to the March 20 testimony confirming the FBI was investigating members of the Trump campaign? Describe your contacts with intelligence officials.
34. What did you think and do in reaction to the news that the Mueller probe was speaking to then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo, NSA Director Michael S. Rogers and Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats?
35. What was the purpose of your calls to Comey on March 30 and April 11, 2017?
36. What was the purpose of your April 11, 2017, statement to Fox Business Network, including ‘Director Comey was very, very good to Hillary Clinton, that I can tell you’?
37. What did you think and do about Comey’s May 3, 2017, testimony about his handling of the Clinton email investigation?
38. Regarding the decision to fire Comey on May 9, 2017: When was it made? Why? Who played a role?
39. What did you mean when you told Russian diplomats on May 10, 2017, that firing Comey had taken the pressure off?
40. What did you mean in your interview with Lester Holt about Comey and Russia? (Trump said: ‘I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it. And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.)
41. What was the purpose of your May 12, 2017, tweet stating ‘James Comey better hope that there are no “tapes” of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!’?
42. What did you think about Comey’s June 8, 2017, testimony regarding Flynn, and what did you do about it?
43. What was the purpose of the September and October 2017 statements, including tweets, suggesting an investigation of Comey for giving false testimony to Congress?
44. What is the reason for your continued criticism of Comey and his former deputy, Andrew G. McCabe?