The DOJ Office of the Investigator General’s report is very disturbing and shows what great lengths the FBI and DOJ went to great lengths to protect Hillary and her campaign for president. James Clapper was also cited for lacking candor.
(Lying his butt off) Joe Hoft, brother of Jim Hoft developed talking points on the IG report using bullet points in the Gateway Pundit. The level of corruption is immense and people better be made to pay for their crimes or it will happen again.
1. In the second paragraph of the introduction of the IG’s report, now infamous cheater and Peter Strzok mistress, and McCabe’s former Special Counsel, Lisa Page, is implicated as being involved in McCabe’s crimes. (p.1)
2. Clinton Foundation was under investigation in 2016 but the FBI decided not to release this information to the public. This information was finally leaked just before the election to the Wall Street Journal and confirmed in a second leak instigated by McCabe. (p. 1)
3. In McCabe’s leak to the WSJ, he refutes that he was being impartial to Clinton due to his connections from his wife’s State Senate run. He then leaked that the Justice Department tried to shut down Clinton Foundation investigation but by doing this confirmed to the public in his leak that the investigation was in place. (p. 1)
4. The FBI hid the Clinton Foundation investigation from the public and it was not confirmed until the McCabe leak on October 30th, 2016. The FBI decided that it was in the public interest not to share this information with Americans before the 2016 election. The reasonableness of the decision to not report to the public the Clinton Foundation investigation is not addressed by the IG. (p. 3)
5. McCabe told Comey he didn’t know who leaked and therefore Comey claims he didn’t know about McCabe’s leak. (p. 2)
6. McCabe lied numerous times to either investigators or inspectors and said he didn’t know why Lisa Page leaked information to the Wall Street Journal. He even lied and said that he was outside of Washington D.C when the leak occurred which was not true. (p. 2)
7. When confronted with lying to investigators, McCabe lied and denied previously lying to investigators. (p. 2)
8. IG Report redacts an individual’s name who discussed the Clinton Foundation investigation with James Comey, McCabe and the Special Counsel (presumably Lisa Page). (p. 7)
9. McCabe states that leaking to the WSJ was the only time in his career “where he had authorized the disclosure to the media of a one-on-one discussion that he had with a member of the Department’s leadership.” (p. 9) [Note this leaves open the possibility of other leaks.]
10. FBI Deputy Assistant Director (Peter Strzok) texted Page about a WSJ article and they noted that they were not upset about McCabe throwing Justice Department official under the bus. That day the DOJ was noted in an article in the WSJ as criticizing Comey for informing Congress of the Clinton Foundation investigation. (p. 10) [Note how the FBI and DOJ only communicate through leaks!]
11. A meeting was held on October 31st, 2016 where Comey reportedly stated “Need to figure out how to get our folks to understand why leaks hurt our organization”. (p. 11) [The audacity!]
12. McCabe stated that he and Comey discussed on October 31st, 2016, the October 30th WSJ leak and says that he told Comey he authorized it. Comey states that he does not recall McCabe telling him that McCabe had authorized the call.
13. McCabe stated that many FBI officials knew he had authorized the October 30th leak to the WSJ. “However, none of the potential witnesses identified by McCabe (FBI-GC, Comey’s Chief of Staff, The Counterintelligence Assistant Director (“AD-CI”), and McCabe’s then-Chief of Staff ) corroborated this or recalled knowing at the time, or even now, that McCabe had authorized the disclosure.” (pp. 13-14)
14. McCabe refused to sign an inspector’s notes about his statements to the inspector, specifically noting that he [McCabe] did not know who leaked the information in the WSJ October 30th, 2016, report.
15. McCabe stated to an IG employee under oath that he did not know who authorized October 30th WSJ leak and then a couple days later called them back to correct what he said. (pp. 19 and 20)
So, where are we at? Well, we did find out that the FBI and the DOJ tried to keep the voters ignorant about the investigation into the Clinton Foundation before the election. We found out that Loretta Lynch tried to kill that investigation. We also learned that several officials of the FBI and DOJ colluded together to hide facts from the public that they really should have been made aware of.
We learned that the DOJ IG Michael Horowitz believes that James Clapper, head of the NSA lied on several occasions. The emails found on Anthony Weiner’s computer received little notice in the report but will be in the full report by Horowitz hopefully by the end of this month.
Andrew Mccabe broke laws and FBI procedures. No one has been charged with any crimes yet, but when Horowitz releases his final report, it is expected to contain criminal and procedural referrals from the OIC.