Man Freed From The Taliban Recounts Horrific Treatment [Video]

screenshot from video

Joshua Boyle is a Canadian and ex-hostage of Taliban-linked militants along with his family. They were rescued this week when Pakistani military forces secured their release from the Haqqani and he gave some staggering accounts of what happened.

Boyle, his wife Caitlan, and their children arrived this week at the Toronto’s Pearson International Airport

What he says they did to he and his family is perhaps why our work there is not done?

Check out the video at the bottom.

As reported by Will Racke for The Daily Caller:

Boyle spoke to reporters at the airport shortly after landing, recounting brutal treatment far worse than depicted in previously released proof of life videos.

“The stupidity and the evil of the Haqqani network’s kidnapping of a pilgrim and his heavily pregnant wife engaged in helping ordinary villagers in Taliban-controlled regions of Afghanistan was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorizing the murder of my infant daughter, Martyr Boyle,” he said, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Boyle and Coleman, who was seven months pregnant at the time, were captured in 2012 while backpacking in a Taliban-controlled province near Kabul. Until this week, multiple attempts by U.S. officials to negotiate their release had failed.

Boyle recounted several details of the family’s captivity that were not publicly known until he revealed them Friday. He said the Taliban-affiliated Haqqani network raped his wife and killed his infant daughter, Margaret Boyle, after he refused to comply with unspecified orders. His wife gave birth to four children while in captivity, not three as previously believed, Boyle also said.


Boyle refused to allow his family to board a military transport plane out of concern that he would be arrested upon arrival in America, U.S. officials said Friday. Before his marriage to Coleman, Boyle was briefly married to the sister of Omar Khadr, a Canadian citizen held at Guantanamo Bay for over a decade after he killed a U.S. soldier during a firefight in Afghanistan when he was 15 years old.

Boyle denied he was afraid he would be arrested, telling reporters that his family was delayed due to a medical emergency pertaining to one of his children.

“I assure you, I have never refused to board any mode of transportation that would bring me closer to home, closer to Canada and back with my family,” he said, according to CNN.